Each mobile phone has different tools, different functions, different abilities.
The following is a short list of useful functions that most current phones
have. Any time you feel like a photo isn’t as good as it could be, you can play
with these functions and see if you can improve things. Many of the functions will be described in depth later on.
- Frame it. Choose the borders of the photo. What goes in, what should not be in the photo?
- Walk closer to zoom in.
- Walk further away to zoom out.
- When shooting, move the frame to mostly light areas, to make some parts of the photo appear darker.
- When shooting, move the frame to mostly dark areas, to make some parts of the photo appear lighter.
- Stretch out your arm and move the camera to a position you cannot reach with your head and eyes, like over an edge. (Bonus tip: don’t drop it.)
- Position the camera somewhere to take a photo with a timer or remote.
- Tap on a light or dark area on the screen to change brightness accordingly.
- Tap on an area on the screen to change
- Zoom. Spreading two fingers on the screen will often zoom in.